Saturday, March 09, 2013

Time with hubs

My hubs says from the garage door "hey, K if  you have time, come look at these spark plugs, if your interested."

{FYI, I'm not interested}

"I mean if you want too, it is kind of cool how they work."

{I was trying to wrap up meal plan, I mean I like to have engine knowledge, but I also like to eat.}

So what I'd do?

I left the table quickly, no sigh or mumbling. Went outside in my pj's and sat as my hubs show me what the mini lightbulb looking things do. He loves teaching.

I see it on his face. He's encouraged. Small things, non essential things, things I don't have time to invest in. He knows and is reassured he doesn't fall into the category.

Some times in the thick if things, in the business and the struggles we need that reminder. When pulling extra hours away from home time, we need to be reassured that at home we aren't forgotten. So many things may lead us to forgetting why we are doing what we are doing. I refuse to let work and duties leave my husband or children to feel forgotten.

May our actions show and reassure those in your home of the love and time you have for them.