Aww morning time.
Such a beautiful quite time. Children asleep and bible before me. Then my mind start to wonder what will I feed these children whence they wake up?
Will this incur a chaotic breakfast dash, ultimately leading to a frazzled momma?
Negative.
Before bible time while I am starting my handy dandy coffee pot, I put in a sheet of bacon. Yes, a whole cookie sheet full.
This method take 20 minutes, which I can do starting my quite time, and leaves me with no grease splatter on my stove top.
Win, win.
Plus, bacon's the ultimate "sorry, your day didn't go super great yesterday, hope today's better!" Morning gift. Sometimes we need that.
So here's the details:
Put bacon on rimmed cookie sheet.
Place in cold oven. {must be cold!}
Turn the temp to 400•
Don't check until 15-20 minutes later.
Take out.
Now I do line my with foil, just in case I i forgot and its too crispy {what am I saying, too crispy?!} and sticks to the sheet.
Also I like to cool mine on a cooling rack to drain more fat off and cool so my children can eat and not burn their mouths.
When I am done with bible time I just cook up some eggs, cut up some fruit, and call it breakfast. Or any other option: oatmeal and yogurt, avocado and bacon sandwiches, or just cereal and call it done.
