These past few weeks have brought in a new little mister to our home.
While these two weeks have been sweet And sour, I can say I'd go through them again.
Adding in a 2 yr old, only to return him 2 weeks later opened my eyes to see the amazing growth I have had in the past years.
While this case didn't look as we thought, and while I didn't get to minister to the mom as I wished, there is peace. Realizing I can't control the situation and preparing his bag and our family the days ahead of time, allowing for time for crying, prayer, and asking for wisdom.
Right now I am in a busy season, which offered, during the weekend a time to escape from the reality, and force myself back into "work" mode.
Several ladies are available if I need them. I am beyond grateful for our body of believers we are in. I am grateful for those who I can immediately text and get good and hard questions in the mist of dealing with the situation. Leaving a party with a screaming toddler in hand, being followed by a friend, encouraging me, saying " you're doing great ". Being at dinner and having to remove the screaming child causing, more screaming. Only to have the friends not leave, but totally understand when I turn on music, so we can finish dinner.
I am grateful for family moments when the night my family meets him is the night before he leaves. They see him interact with my kids, run in for hugs while outside, and be himself. They get to say goodbye. Before I haven't given them the opportunity to meet or say goodbye. I am wrapped up sometimes on what needs to happen and forget what should happen.
While doing out lunch time bible reading. We were covering when the Israelites were exiting from egypt. They see pharaoh behind them and the Red Sea in front of them. The question why Moses has taken them from their "comfortable captivity" and led them to their death. For years I have resonated with the Israelites in the position when impossible is before you and doom seems to be behind you. I believed worry was ok when you see no option opening up. When you are made to be still and feel in limbo. But as I read I realize, I was at the same point, where I could either choose to believe God will part the Red sea before me or not.
I know i will not be stranded wandering, I will be led. Maybe not with a pillar of cloud or fire, but nonetheless led by a gracious God.