Thursday, September 04, 2008

Whoa Nelly


Last night we got a treat.

Sweet Nelly got to visit.



Nelly-left, Kristen-Right.
Miss you too Kristin, So much.


All the way from New York.

She's here for 3 days.

She just left my house after making this.



She brought it over to our house last night at hope group.

Amazing!!

The bread was so good.


She was at the house with me while i am on the phone with phone company wondering why our service is missed up.


i just got off the phone with them and it was 79 min of my time. 15 minutes was actually talking to some one. During the wait time i was talking to Nells and just hanging out with her.


Anyhow i am almost done talking to them to figure things out. just 2 more phone calls to do.


You see the issue with the phone is due to us not paying it yet. You see someone got my debit info and decided to spend our money for bills. Yep. Happened last week. Waiting for the money to be put back is annoying. It's not an issue of "oh, i want my leisure money".



Leisure money..... funny.



Anyhow, i saw some mis-charges on Saturday before school started. The Bank put the money back, but some of the charges reappeared on Tuesday after they cancelled the card. They now needed an official letter stating it wasn't me.


Anyhow, after the first week of school finished we realized our son needed a new backpack ( he was using one we bought last year), The straps were ripped. His pants for school were about an inch short or holey (not the good kind).


Honestly i just didn't expect my child to grow in a month and a half.


So, we needed things not to mention the normal bills : insurance, phone place, groceries, gas, and furniture place. So after calling these places and some working with us, we kinda had to worked out the Grocery bill. You see i meal plan for 2 weeks at a time. So i always have a few meals just floating around. This has saved my tail end this week. So between that and just having to meal plan for a week i spent about $45 on Groceries. So the other cash I am able to put in the gas envelope. Which is really nice. We tend to need gas in our car.


Plus yesterday i found $8 in the sofa, i knew i missed some. I was so excited, ask Becka Gooden. $8 more for the gas fund. Fortunately we have a small car so it's like $40 or less to fill up.


With all this and waiting on the reimbursement of the bank, i am so grateful for the body. So many of the sweet sweet friends we have, have just offered so much to us. I know if we need it then it's there.


I am looking forward to the next check i receive when i will get to use all my check, not just the $25 that was left after overdraft fees and such. I am so grateful that Carlos' work was flexible and let us have an actual check and not direct deposit it. I am so grateful for the body. I'm grateful our family, who has helped with money and shrimp. Yep, shrimp. I am grateful that even though this distraction has happened, i am still able to be involved and focus on some really awesome ministries. I am grateful that i have flexible hours where i can be at home on the phone resolving some stuff and then get to the preschool when i can. I am thankful i don't have a lot of work so i will still be able to leave at the right time to get my boy, which is the sweetest time for me.


Oh and be the way school is going well, very well.


I will post on that and school next, maybe even tomorrow. Maybe......