Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Us and baseball






This pict is an older one, but i love it. Easton playing with his better batter baseball. This things so cool to learn t-ball. If you throw a ball at Easton when he has a bat he'll hit it, no problem. But put a ball on a T and nope, he couldn't hit it, we bought this for him last spring.




I've always loved the idea of him playing baseball.


Just like his dad.

I even wished he could play for the same team as his dad did.


We thought that registration had closed on t-ball, so we were looking at soccer. I realized that putting him in soccer wasn't right for us, not for right now at least.


So i called a baseball guy off the Bryan website, Mr. Tony.


Turns out that the registration wasn't closed, we just had to sign him up that day. So 25 minutes and $50 later he was signed up. Oh and the great part is he's playing for the same team as his dad. Little League West. I can't tell you how happy i was. I got to talk to his coach, i think he SO hot. That's right Carlos is his coach. They said they needed people, and he said yes.I love this man's heart to serve.


I think we will be the wolverines.

After we moved here, we knew the Lord was putting us in a area that is surrounded by culture, I have issues with my culture. The Lord is purging them out, and it's wonderful. One of these issues is why i had issues putting Easton in soccer. I hate stereo-types.


Anyway, we were literally dropped in this area where culture is all around. Easton will go to public school here in the fall. He desires to learn Spanish, so we are going to try to put him in the Duel language.


With Soccer we realized that he would be playing with kids that more then likely won't go to his school, probably wouldn't live on our street, kids that aren't our closest "neighbors". With Baseball he's on the West league, our side of town, kids from our neighborhood, from his school, and hopefully families we can reach. As we said before, the Lord put us here for a reason.


Here's one problem, We need a sponsor.


Our little league is funded by registration fees, concession stand sales, and sponsors. Carlos went to the coach's meeting and realized why some of these guys are hard core about baseball. The director of the West league said " Guys we only have these kids for 4 months, that's not a long time, but for those four months they aren't out running the streets." - Honestly i never looked at it that way. This is a way to offer these kids something else then the norm. Now i don't really see how 5 yr olds would be running the streets, but i get the idea. And it turns out that my Sam knows the head West league guy, and says that he used to always talk about little league and how he loved it. His heart for this is awesome, way more then just baseball.


I am going down town today, i am Afraid. Asking for money....icky.

I already feel my tummy tossing.


Pray for little league west, Pray for the teams we'll play, pray for a sponsor so we can play.