Ok, so i have been lacking in the post department. This week we have been sick, Easton with Strep and me with what i think are allergies. Here are some random things just thrown together.
On Monday nights we have dinner with the Whites. They are darling, just darling. If you don't know them, you should. Their funny. Every Mon. night we play some type of game, usually spades, and candy land with Easton. This night was different, Jake saw our computer chair, and had an idea. Add some dumbbells and look at us go.
We went to a beautiful wedding. Congrats Janie and Efraim.
This is a picture of them slicing their cake.


We also used our new telescope ( thanks Dad) to look at the stars.

Oh yeah! I conquered the Swimming pool, for the 1st time i was able to put it FOLDED back in the box. We have had it about 2 years. Oh yeah!

Last weekend we went to the Easter thing at George Bush Library. We went with my sis in law and my niece and nephew. WE missed the egg hunt, but Easton's not to big on that, so he was fine. We did however played games and won some prizes.
Check him out on the baseball one. I actually turned on the camera late and missed him hitting one.
Knock out the bunny!
I have read the Once A Month cook book, and i cooked all my chicken meals for the next week. I can't tell you how empowered i felt loading my freezer with a week worth of food. I decided to try it a little smaller then the 1 month that way i can see if it will work for my family instead of jumping in over my head.

I have also sewn some fabric to my burb cloths, just to make them look nice. Hopefully soon i hope to sew a hamper liner for my hamper. Also some seat cushions for our dinning table would be lovely.
Liner and burp clothes.
I have read the Once A Month cook book, and i cooked all my chicken meals for the next week. I can't tell you how empowered i felt loading my freezer with a week worth of food. I decided to try it a little smaller then the 1 month that way i can see if it will work for my family instead of jumping in over my head.

I have also sewn some fabric to my burb cloths, just to make them look nice. Hopefully soon i hope to sew a hamper liner for my hamper. Also some seat cushions for our dinning table would be lovely.
Liner and burp clothes.

*ok, by the time i between writing and posting this, i actualy got time do sew the liner.
And last but not least a picture of Easton at practice. Oh and we weren't able to be the Wolverines, but we are the cubs. I am getting shirt made that say something like this, you can't see it but it says "Mrs. Coach". Janie will get one also.
Cleats=$6, Glove= $20, Pants=$3
Seeing him practice= Priceless*
* This was the only day i felt well enough to go outside. Praise!! I got to see him practice, meet the parents, & he wasn't contagious!!And since it's Easter Tomorrow, i will add the reason the Easter bunny is here, which i got off MSN Easter quiz, we got 7/10 right.
The Easter bunny made its first appearance in Germany in the 1500s, and was brought to the United States in the 1700s by German settlers in the Pennsylvania Dutch country. Rabbits and hares have often been symbols of fertility in ancient religions, and the Easter bunny is now one of the most popular traditions of secular Easter celebrations. The tradition brought by the German settlers included a visit to the children by the Easter bunny (Oschter Haws), who would lay colored eggs in the nests the children had made and placed somewhere in the house or garden. These "nests" later evolved into Easter baskets filled with colored eggs and treats.
No, we don't do "bunny" stuff,(we do however do eggs, they're symbolism for "new life", we also have the resurrection eggs, I love doing the Easter story this way.) Last year Easton was talking to a relative, she asked did he get a lot of eggs from the Easter bunny, He replied " um No, why would a bunny have eggs ??" That's one smart cookie!! He asked just today " how could some kids think that?" and then " Why do some parents tell their kids if their not good Santa won't bring them anything?" Smart cookie.... Why do parents threaten with a figment of someones imagination? No, we don't do the santa thing either, but that's another post for a different day.