Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Good Bye 'Ole Girl

Yesterday was hard, We had to take our dog of less then 6 months back to the shelter. I didn't think I would hurt, but I did. Easton was fine, actually a little too happy. But this is because he never go to send time with her after her first month or so. Princess was to rowdy for him, With me and Carlos she didn't nip, or tackle us. Easton was a different story.

After much prayer, we decided to take her back. It was what was best for her and Easton. She couldn't be out of her kennel when he was outside or when I was doing laundry. She thought it was great fun to try to jump while I had a basket of clothes and make me drop it. And some how she would only try to run off with Easton's sock, and not just any sock, but his old navy socks. Every one knows their ankle socks for kids are the best. I think she had it out for him. Easton could only pet her threw the kennel wall, it was so sad to see. He still liked her, but he could be around her with out a wall of chain between them. This was no life for her, or him. I soon began to feel like I was playing tug a war. Either I spent time with Easton or with the dog. I had to leave Easton inside to go out with her. This was so hard since that is my first ministry is wife and mother. Plus the aggravation I felt some times ran over to family. I knew she had to go, I knew God was telling me to let her go. I didn't like that, not because I don't like to do what God asks, but I had to give up. I do not Give up, it's been my very nature for so long. I push and make it work, I keep going.

We had the opportunity to get a dog who has come form a loving history. When ever this Dog (Harley) was around Easton all he would do is let him play and pet him, a truly great dog. One my son could be with outside and I wouldn't have to break out the first aid kit. I knew this happened for a reason.

So now he's in our back yard, in our house, and more importantly, in my son's heart. He said he was going to dream about him last night and I'm sure he did. Easton always tries to find reasons to go out or for Harley to come in. He's so happy, he's been talking about this since we told him we might take Princess back and get Harley. He even told Glynda in the nursery this Sunday. He was literally jumping up and down so excited before we got him yesterday. I'm happy and grateful I was able to learn lessons through working with her. I was so taught patience, and letting go. I realized on the way home, I hadn't thought of how I would handle having to let her go. I cried, I don't do that in front of strangers. That's not me. I cried in front of the lady at the animal shelter counter, I cried on the way home, and I'm trying not to cry right now.

I was so confused, I thought I hated her, but some how all that time I spend with her actually meant some thing to me. I realized I hadn't thought of how this would effect me. I'll be ok, God keeps reminding me he knows what is best. Not just this week but also last week right after something happened and I felt so defeated, he placed someone there for me to see He cares and it'll be fine and honoring to him. He's awesome, I got a call from a close friend yesterday after I surrendered princess, she asked me how my day was. I said " fine, ok, .....for real though it sucked" This person could always tell if I wasn't ok, even when I thought I was. I talked to her about it and it was good.


Thank Hosey your great. Thank you to the Baldwins and the Freeman's, Harley's a great dog, I couldn't imagine us loving him more then you guys. He's a sweet Boy, a big boy, but a sweet one. Thank you all, even you who is reading this.

Here the new boy in our backyard: