Friday, January 26, 2007

New Foster Update

Ok, here's the deal-io. We are still going to Foster, the paper work and appointments have just taken us longer then what we thought. Yesterday I got a call, and the caller id didn't say the name or number, so I thought it was Carlos. So I answered the phone all silly. After I said "Helloooo", I heard " yes, may I talk to Kaylene, this is Stephanie with the Bair Foundation", I could tell that she thought it was weird how I said hello. Of course I change me tone and say "this is her..." At this time I remember that Easton's Christian Rap CD is blaring in the living room, so I went to turn it down.... and so he started saying loudly " I can't hear it mom, you said I could listen to it." So I begin to shake my head and mouth the word NO, Just Wait. Then I remembered I was doing this to a 4 year old who couldn't read lips all that well. So I had to walk out of the room so I could talk with out him still saying it even after I had patted his leg. Then I realized she had just called I was acting silly, rap music was blaring, and my child was basically yelling. Yeah, who wouldn't want to place a child in that kinda home. Any way she had called to ask about our paper work and to make sure what she had was accurate. We still have a few papers to turn in and Carlos' finger prints to get done. Plus make appointments for home inspections and the home visit. So all in all less then 10 things, and all this can be taken care of rather quickly. She mentioned if she did the home visit in the middle of February, then we could be a certified foster home as of the end of February. I was so excited.. All I kept saying was "wow, Oh wow, that soon". Then she mentioned that " well, you could always choose not to accept a placement until you ready, so if you need more time that's o.k." Then I had to explain that wasn't it, the fact is that this past summer we were praying about what kind of child should be in our home, what age, and when. Both me and carlos felt beginning of spring or around that time, and then she says end of February..... I was so amazed. I thought that since the paper work has taken us longer, that we wouldn't be done until summer. But, nope. God is so faithful, So amazingly faithful, first we get this kid loving dog and then we get this call. It's so Great, We are so Happy. The Heat is on to get the paper work done and turned in, the finger prints don't take long, and only one of us has to be here for the inspections. It's coming soon. Please Pray for us to be good stewards of our time, pray for our house to be ready, and please pray for the coming children.