Every morning about 7:39 I'm still in my bed, usually feeding the little big man a bottle or with coffee and my bible. It's about this time my children wonder in.
While I will wonder if when they are older and grown they will think I'm just lazy in the mornings. I make it a point to stay in my bed as long as possible. Just for them. Even if that means getting up to get dishes or laundry done before they wake, I try to make it back to my bed by 7:15.
Why?
I know just as you do that as soon as my feet hit the floor (more then just to get coffee) I will begin to clean and be busy. If I stay in bed I've realized that my kids will come in, lay down and snuggle up and talk to me. My oldest tells me his dreams, my daughter tells me her agenda for the day. It's a sweet time with these not so little ones. Although it does come to an end when the second child wakes up, usually requesting breakfast.
These times I treasure, and I'm sure they enjoy the talks and one on one time. At least I hope they do. Seems as a mom I'd forgotten how much they both Love to talk. My goal is to be there to hear all they have to say, on that note I must go. My oldest just walked in to enjoy this tradition.