Today I found myself before a group of parents. Speaking truth to them about the fact they are the first and most influential teachers in their children's life. As I spoke these word along with "give yourself grace and keep it simple." Trying to encourage these parents and myself. These word were words I knew I also needed to absorb.
As we plan our school year; whether homeschool, public or private; may we recall we too are on a journey of learning. May your year be full of grace for crazy mornings, humbleness in relationships, peace for those uncertain moments.
You can do this.
Your kids will learn.
Give yourself a big heaping helping of grace and hope instead of high expectations and self pity. Remember comparison is the thief of joy. You know what is best for your family, don't be afraid to follow through, even if it means not looking like others.