Wednesday, March 28, 2012

{New} Meals

     Lately, we've been fine tuning how we eat around here. I think this is for the long haul. It's not a diet, or fad. It a "oh my, i feel better knowing what's going in my body." I did research. Was this doable? Affordable? (only willing to jump my 2 week total up $75 more)

     As you may know, we've limited processed foods, eating sweets in moderation, and not fully cut out any level of the food pyramid. Now i do get great deals on produce and i have started to save by using Frontiers and this month I'm trying Azure.  

     I enjoy quality food, but i can't pay for organic. So trying to figure out how this "I'm not full on Paleo, but tinkering with it", goes. Still not even 80% but my goal isn't to be strict about this, I'm not jumping on a bandwagon, I'm changing and viewing family changes for life long.  

     We tried several recipes lately, past 2 month or so, Some i have loved, some not so much.  If you follow me on Pinterest, i keep the ones we like, and the ones i want to try.  So no nasty surprises for you if you try some.  

     Someone recently asked me about this, and i gave her all the info i have. It honestly is a lot of prep sometimes, but i was already doing that when we cut out processed food. So in order to keep my word, and give a friend a list of foods we tried and eat well, also hopefully soon to try to match up a tally for cost. 

     For now the list of main dishes, and side ideas. Some did come from a cookbook i was given: Paleo comfort foods, which i recommend highly, so they won't have a link.  But seriously the tomatillo soup = amazing. 

Breakfast: 
Oatmeal/ fruit{nectarines.blueberries.cantaloupe.}
Pumpkin Muffins / yogurt/ OJ
Eggs & Bacon
Eggs & Chorizo

Beef:
Big Salad with Chorizo on top. Really that's all.
Mexican Stuffed peppers



Chicken:
Lemon Chicken
Chicken veggie lo mein
Simple Baked Thighs
Tomatillo soup - this recipe is close to the one in book.
Chicken Soup

Sides:
Bacon wrapped Asparagus- i wrap bundles of 5.
Roasted Broccoli- I didn't do the lemon. added garlic powder.
Kale Salad - Kale you need to toss with lemon juice to soften up the ruff-age. very filling

Hope you enjoy these as much as we have. I will post as i try new ones that are good.