Thursday, February 12, 2009

CVS-ing


Picture has nothing to do with post, just a huge Honeycrisp with a handsome boy.


Here we go...

CVS

I didn't get it.

I still kinda don't

You know the " Buy this & we'll give you Extra care bucks back"

Something sounded fishy.

Plus i could use Manufacturer coupons + Store coupons = Robbing the store.

Crazy, what kinda business would literally tell people to do all this.

i mean, do you see the ad's?

They literally say check your Sunday paper for coupons with this item.

Either they're not interested in making a profit or they really like people.

So i've been investigating this....

I mean i already stack coupons at target, which is awesome.

Yesterday i got Pantene Pro-v 2 in 1 for .79 and a huge tube of colgate total for $1.49.

I save over $6 on things we already need or i can stock for later.*

I do this with food i price match at walmart*.

*As you know soon we we'll have a little one, and well i usually don't leave the house for a good 2 weeks, the baby may leave at around 3 weeks. So i need to stock up, c-section and all i can't drive to the store to grab things.

Both of these are not hard. I've been price matching since Easton was 2. I first learned about Price matching groceries from Kyle Mcvay, she took me to Walmart and showed me. I first heard of cloth diapers, and crazy coupon savings from Heather Gernenz. I wish i knew her better at that time to pick her brain. Why didn't i get her knowledge too, i have questions about diapering with cloth. Both these women are awesome and have more then 2 kids and still are able to save crazy amounts on groceries. Which shows me two things, their busy & what they do can't be too hard or to life consuming. Both of those i can do. A shout out too you both!

But still the CVS thing scared me.

Really..

What if i got to the counter and instead of saving all this money i spend a lot even using coupons and not getting extra bucks??

Then yesterday i walk in. For the first time not just to grab milk at 11:30 at night.

I look around. I needed some small things.

Cotton balls and nail polish remover. -$3.98 ( got $2 ECB's)

Colgate Kids toothpaste* -3.29 +.75 coupon= $2.54

Listerine Smart rinse* - $3.19 +$1 coupon= $3.19

So a total so far of $8.71

Evidently the toothpaste was BOGO and it just wasn't marked, it rang up i asked if i could go grab another, cashier (thought she'd get a 'tude and i would say 'ok, i'm sorry, it's ok' ) said with a smile said 'sure i will just do a refund, go grab one, i'll refund '. With a 'are you sure?' from me and a nod from her i was going to get another toothpaste. so 2 for $2.54. She did a refund, still w/o a 'tude, Then she did something amazing. She gave me my cash and then said 'o, we can use the Bucks you just earned (cotton balls and polish remover) on the toothpaste. Since the previous coupon was already void, the $2 i earned + the BOGO= 2 toothpaste for $1.29.

* these are special buys b/c they are part of Easton's v-day gift box from mom and pop.We're practical around here. You get what you will actually use + fun stuff. So i am ok to spend alittle more.

What!!

I was so excited. Normally i don't think you can use the bucks on the same day. Check out lady was awesome. With no 'tude and how she kept reassuring me that what ever i had to do to save money was ok. Wow!

Could i tape that and play it every time i have to plot against the stores with coupons?. May be then i won't feel so bad robbing them.

O, i know this is alot. But i really just wanted to share, in case your thought, how in the world does it work. I did research on this amazing woman's site. She explains the process in CVS 101. Also check out her Making CVS work for you. I feel i got mentored on saving just be reading her site.

I thought of kathryn today b/c she mentions how to maybe get free jr. frosty's for a year . o kathryn and her unhealthy love for fries dipped in frosty's. A Shout out to kathryn.

I also checked out this site, some how she has the next month worth of CVS circulars up, that way i can look at what coupons to clip and then know when to use them and chunk the rest or pass them on.

I don't want to be a woman who every time you see me you think oh, CVS, cloth diapering*, scrap booking*, meal planning, coupon stacking, price matching ,or squeaky clean*. I think if that happens i've done something wrong. I should only be know to be Gung ho/mention it whenever i can, about the Lord and then my family. The 2 most important things to me. * i don't do currently , just examples. I don't think Easton would appreciate the diapers and all.

So i will not be talking about this in Blogland too much. If you have questions, i can try to answer, or you can find someone else who does this kinda robbing. I would love to know if you thought about this or what kinda savings you do around the house. Even if it's just " i buy bone in chicken breast on sale, because the price for skinless boneless is crazy" or " i shop at the 99 cent store for produce." * yes i do both.