Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Reflections



As this week began i found myself in a hospital room, sitting with a baby who is now back at home, but sick with RSV and Pneumonia. We were needed, so I went. Then we were asked to be this baby's God Parents. Us, his former Family. His former family who was wondering what our role in his life would be from now on. And then his mom asked if we would be his God Parents. We are still praying about the process and all that entitles. But we are Praising God that we were even asked. That this mother, whose relationship with us hasn't been the normal " foster parent/Birth Family" relationship. That by the way was all God. All these things that we had because of the relationship we desire to have with HIM. We were blessed by her even asking. She asked us. Us, not family. Us, who love him. Us, who are not at all worthy. Then as i leave Waco, i had a reflection of me.





When i was younger and not saved. I thought everything that was wrong with me would be fixed with money, and everything that people better off them me had. I was wrong. I realize the thing that made me better, that healed me, that made me feel i had worth... was the Almighty, the I Am. Yes know I have a Family, OK financially, and fixing to buy a house. But i can not take credit for that. The Lord, The LORD, has done these things for me. He has blessed me.





As i talked to Aerie's mom at the hospital, i was reminded that her situation is not that different then what i thought of others. How i thought i can do better, i just don't know how. I feel this is why we are called to the area our house will be in. These people are hurting, they need to be shown love. They need to know the I AM is the only tool that they need. He is the only way they can drop the generational sin, and change paths that have been traveled by their family. We've lived it. He is Mighty to change these things that are instilled in us by our families. These things that look o.k. until we put on His vision for our lives. We should close on the house in less then a week, There is some work to be done before closing. Pray the the sellers. Pray for them to not feel bogged down with thing that have to be done. They are an awesome family. I met the wife at my old job, I love that they have a christian punk rock band, and i check their blog daily. They are a true blessing God has provided a house through. Our future home, where children of mixed backgrounds will be loved. A place open to many college kids, a place where marriages are grown, a place i am so grateful for even before we live there.


This is it.



A cozy home at an awesome price, This whole process has happened fast for us. I have clung to the Psalm 46:10. Mainly because on the crazy day i was to talk to more mortgage people, i was pray " Lord, Show me who i am to go through. Show me because i don't know what I'm to do now. I need you to tell me." Then i check my mail. I had an envelope without an return address, as i pulled out the card that verse was on there. " Be still", that week was crazy with preparing for the house, preparing for Aerie to leave. I was going bananas. It was more on my plate then normal. The he tells me " be still", How do argue with that. I couldn't. For His ways are truly higher then mine. I couldn't even try. That day was amazing. He showed who to go through, we made a bid. And this was only day 4 after we decided to obey and check out the house. 4 Days, That was so not my timing. I thought 4 weeks of offers, and searching. But His Ways are higher then mine. His timing is when things happen not mine. This journey running parallel to the journey with Aerie and his mom was very emotional. Very Good. I can't tell you how much i feel he showed my things. How he has grown us. Today we got to look at carpet swatches. I have done sketches, of what the room shall be painted, i am searching for scripture to be on the walls. This house is His. We have been so blessed through this.