Monday, August 20, 2007

Another lesson learned at training.

Today i had Lead teacher Training at work. Not so many people this time. But God still showed me some thing, some thing I'm not ok with.

Lately we've been reminded to meet 5 new people before services. I would love to say that i do this. But i don't always. I mean I'm usually telling my self good..... one family has 5 members, that's five people. I totally cheated.

I cheated.

It's hard to admit.

I lied when i said I would go beyond myself to love the body.

When i go to visits, i make sure i go out of the way to speak to Aerie's mom. I know i need to show her HIS love. It hurts my heart to think of her and how much the lost need THE ALMIGHTY. I know I should, so i do it.

Not so with the church. I usually get cozy up stairs with Carlos, after dropping off the boys, and arriving barely on time. I think " oh, maybe I have time to go meet people." "oh look everyone up here i know." "maybe there will be people on the way to the bathroom/ water faucet."

I ask myself why, "why would I let me get away with this?" I honestly thought I wouldn't have time after i went potty? I thought I'd be super late going back up stairs to join my husband and recozy myself?" I thought "oh, so many are down there, some one will do it."

All these equal to one thing.................

Laziness and not thinking about elevating others higher then myself.

My heart is lazy and selfish. I was so ashamed.

Today i met a new woman at work. She one of the new teachers. Her name is Jennifer.

I probably would have met her sooner but I'm selfish.

You see Jennifer came to our church twice.

See came and only one person met her, her husband, and her precious boys.

Unfortunately it wasn't me.

Now she had said this had happened at another church, but they like LHBC, it reminded them of their old church they just came from. So they came again. No one came up to them...........

I apologized, i think 3 or 4 times that I didn't make time to meet her. I told how we are asked to meet about 5 new people a week. She said "i know, that was one of the times we where there."

She wasn't upset, or bitter. Just kinda let it go. No biggy.

We talked about other churches her family visited....

Another church was smaller, and 25 people went out of their way to meet them.

Now i thought of this as " oh a smaller church, so everyone would know their new."

I tried to justify why 25 people met them there, but not even near that at ours.

Now i will not compare our sizes to say one size it better then the other, We are all his body.

But on that note, All his body should be making that effort.

I can honestly say this member didn't.

I now will go out of my way to show people they are important to US.

I hurt and felt like dirt after i talked to Jennifer. I let US down, i didn't do what GOD has asked.

She is an awesome mom, and her boys are adorable. I was so selfish not to try to even meet anyone. On my way home, i was thinking of ways i could meet new members. Beside in the sanctuary, i realized at the nursery desk is where visitors may be the most cautious.... think about it, dropping you little ones off to some one you don't know. I may be able to ease that, just by meeting them or introducing them to our system at the counter.

Jennifer's boys loved the nursery and Children's church. Her and her husband enjoyed the services. They may visit again.... i don't know.

But i do know I'll be ready.