Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Carpio Snake Farm



Do you see this?? These are the snakes found in our back yard. We have a wooded area behind our house and this past week end it was being cleared out so we could extend the yard 20 Ft. back. These guys were under some wood piles in the back woods. There were 8 found on Friday and 2 found Saturday morning. They were found by Tracy right before we went out to clear the rock box. Scary huh?? They were there probably all winter and were slumbering, growing , and eating who knows what in our woods. They were all Copper Heads. One was a bigger "momma" one and the others were smaller. Still it was gross. Easton kept laughing because when he saw them they had already been decapitated. He found it funny that he could poke them with a stick and they couldn't bite him. We kept drilling him that day to remind him not to touch a real one.

I thought it would be fun to put them in our neighbor's yards and kinda make it look like their end was still sticking out of the grass and the rock. I was told this was probably a bad was to meet our neighbors. Then I thought of Ana and Justin, but we like them to much to make them get a shovel and attack an already dead snake.





We had to clean out Easton's Rock box in the back yard. This was brought about by me and him finding a small snake skin on the top of the rocks. So when I told Carlos, he said we needed to get rid of it. Here's a picture of Easton clearing his rock box with us, this was right before he put his shovel down and said " I'm Done, I want to go to nana's." Funny how he decides this after just 20 min of actual shoveling rock. He was out there longer, but in the beginning he was playing on the back porch. All in all we did our job, plus got rid of some snakes. I would say it was fun but it really wasn't, except for the poking the snakes with sticks and seeing their nerves still making them move.