Thursday, March 10, 2011

Smart Modesty Guide

    As someone who is around the female population more often then not, {not including one i wear as an accesory in her sling}  I have been looking for a good guide to help moms teach their daughters, young women train themselves, and me to be hold myself accountable to. 


I found this guide for tween/teens here. I believe everyone could use it regardless of age.


    Now most people think that modesty is about covering up, not showing off your business. But do we forget  the part where it's a heart issue as well? Is our desire for modesty an overflow of a healthy & growing relationship with Christ.


Questions to ask ourselves about modesty & why we don't practice it 
{if you don't see it as anything important}

Are you looking out for our brothers in Christ? 
How about your sisters who may struggle with body/esteem/ comparing issues?
Is it due to the feeling you need attention?
Do you feel that modesty is the responsibility of woman only{it's not by the way} and not fair, so you opt out?