
Ok, i have to share this: our computer has been not reading CD/DVDs.
Seriously this is an issue.
After talking to 3 techs, and much frustration, i found i would have to buy a new CD drive.
It would be around $80 for the one they were trying to sell me.
So i do what i normally do when i run into a problem.
I took the thing apart.
I do enjoy this a little too much i think.
I got the tool set and started to disassemble the tower.
As i looked inside and saw the dust, i was disgusted.
How does dust get in there anyway??
As i saw all the wires and boards i was excited.
I took out the plugs to the drive, fiddled with it. Put it back in, turned it on.
Va-la the CD drive is now reading disks!!!!!
Praise!!!
* I do not encourage the taken part of things if you know you aren't good at remembering where the screws go or if you don't think you can fix it. I also am clearly stating i will do this to my computer but not yours, i am no Professional. I did this because if i couldn't fix it i could get my computer genius brother to fix it. I also didn't tell him i was taking it apart, i'm sure he would have stopped me, and well that's just no fun.