Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Anniversary!!
Four years today we were before a Friend of ours, who also is a judge.
It was lunch time, 12:02 to be exact.
I in my Khaki skirt and white peasant top.
Carlos is his khaki and button down shirt and tie.
Me holding my bouquet Ana made me.
Red roses clustered, it was small, but perfect.
There we were.
Me-19
You -20
My dad was there.
Your mom was there.
Our son was there.
Ana and Justin were there.
I remember her pants with the scarfy belt.
I really liked them.
We laughed as our friend the judge pronounced my name wrong.
As you slipped the "not really our real wedding bands" on my hand i remember thinking how gorgeous it was. Even though i knew we would get our "real rings" on our original wedding date.
Our humble beginnings.
I remember we didn't know why we felt the Lord telling us to move up the date from September 25 to April 30th.
But we obeyed.
I remember i was scared, i thought about it over and over.
" Why would the Lord tell us this??"
" Why can't we just wait??"
When we felt him moving the date up, April 30th was just 2 wks away.
I remember telling the girls at work, they thought we were nuts.
They still threw me a party.
I remember walking into Sunday school Class.
Erick Williams was the teacher.
I remember them not knowing until they read "Carlos and Kaylene got married."
I remember their surprise and rejoicing with us.
I remember them throwing us a Wedding shower soon after.
It was at sweet Jonathan and Carrie's House.
I still have the "grace for the moment" from the Palermos, it on our mantle.
I still have the cookbook holder, it's on my counter.
I still have the cookbook from Connie, which has her comments on dishes dated from the 80's.
I have many more things from this party, Things i see everyday.
From People i see every weekend, some who i talk to through blog land/emails, only because they moved where the Lord called them.
Looks at us now.
The Lord has given us a House.
The Lord has given us a car.
The Lord has given us family, and friends who amaze us.
Friends, that even though they had to hold Hope Group at a Substitute location, still made up a song and called us and SANG TO US. Who else would do that???
Sweet Family, there for us during the hard times, Loving kids that aren't technically "our kids." The way they become consumed with their lives as we do. Always asking if we need something, forgiving me when i forget to tell them what we need.
The Lord has given us three Gorgeous kids.
One who is fully of curly hair, and who i still haven't registered for school.
One who was ours temporarily, who we got to love, and see reunited with his mom.
One who right now is fighting bed time, but is usually a Sweat Pea.
May they lord Give us Many more years.
Happy 4 year Anniversary.