Wow what a week it has been and it is only Tuesday! God decided to bring a baby boy into our lives Monday and sleep decided to walk out that same night. I will miss that thing called sleep for a few months, but it is so worth it. Little...... well, very little 5.1 lbs is with us now and we are loving it. I don't know what it is about doing what God tells you to, but when you obey there is a peace and joy that I can't put into words. Easton is sooooo excited about little Arie staying with us. He has been so helpful from putting his pacifier back in his mouth to coaching the baby on how to calm down when he is crying, and bringing me clothes. God has shown Kay and I just how much He loves us and how much He cares about us and just how He will keep us safe so we can focus on what He has told us to do through all of this. Please pray for baby Arie because he is hooked up to a monitor for his heart and breathing because sometimes preemies will just stop breathing because well, they forget to! Pray for Kay and I that we will show him the love of Christ everyday and that Easton will continue to want to help out with him. Also for sleep because like I said sleep decided to walk out of our lives and replace it with his brother cat nap because that is what it feels like we have been getting, but I love it and so does Kay. By the time Easton was two weeks old I was making bottles in my sleep, of course there was the time I forgot to put a liner in the bottle, or the time I forgot to put water in the bottle and the time I forgot to put a nipple on the bottle,.... boy was Kay mad there is nothing like getting warm formula poured on you at three in the morning.......good thing Easton was still in his crib or he would have taken a formula bath to, OH! and the time I woke up because Easton was crying and found Kay trying to calm a pillow down and put it to sleep........funny things happen when you don't get enough sleep. Well it is time for me to get some of that good thing we call sleep because Arie is fed and asleep and so is Easton. O and before I forget, while at the hospital we found this:
If you look close enough you will see a frozen meal in a vending machine......who puts a frozen meal in a vending machine, that is crazy but that was one of the last ones in the machine so hey it works.....
In his grace and service
Carlos