Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Mexico Trip 2006


Last week We went down to Mexico to see some Family. We usually go for 2 days, this time it was 5 days. The drive is always long, But this year it was funnier. Before we even left Bryan Carlos' mom's car died. This is very weird since it's only a year old. Any way we got a boost and then left, the drive was about 6 hours, Easton was so excited. Carlos' cousin Paco Rode down there in our car. He sat next to Easton, Which meant Easton could reach him. Easton's not really used to someone sitting by him in the back seat, so he took advantage. They would listen to music together, It was Tejano music and Easton kept saying that when he was a baby that was his favorite song. There was more then one song, but to him it all sounded the same. Easton shared his snacks and toys, He did very well. Until Paco(who Easton called Marco) fell asleep. Easton started to mess with Paco. He would touch his face or tickle his arm. It was so funny.

We finally got there. Easton was so excited, He was seeing his Po Po. We stayed at Carlos' family house. Carlos didn't sleep well the first three nights we were there. We had some visitors in our room. You probably know there distant relatives, Mickey and Minnie. No joke carlos couldn't sleep. We slept with all the lights and the TV on the whole week. We caught three the first day we were there and that's all. But Carlos still couldn't sleep with out the lights. He so dislikes mice. I was ok, as long as they didn't bite me and give me rabies.

It was cooler then what the weather channel said it would be...so we were cold and me and carlos brought no jackets or sweaters. It was cool, a little to cool. Plus the water heater didn't give enough Hot water for us to take a shower. So I had to take a cold shower the second day. A Cold Shower..... I was literally in there shivering saying " I so hate Mexico right now." Carlos and Easton were drying off and cold. The bathroom and bedroom window were letting in cold air. We brought a candle with us and that was our only source of heat until the third day when I found a Heater in the spare room. To pass time we played Donkey Kong, chess, and The boys played "run and I'll chase you with the pellet gun". Yeah, Carlos and David had fun with that game.

We went to the market, which is always fun, the culture and the goods all in one spot. Seeing people try to talk to me and Carlos in Spanish and then telling them we don't speak Spanish always get this funny look, it's priceless. Easton enjoyed the market too, But he didn't understand where the stores ended, they usually don't have doors so that threw him off. He kept grabbing things he liked and walking up to people and trying to scare them. It was so funny.


He also found a way to pass his time while his grandparents went looking and haggling prices down. In this Corner: Easton, In the Other Corner: Peggy and Pedro Pigeon







This was my highlight of the trip... No joke he was a caged squirrel and he did back flips and front flips. I laughed the whole 10 min we were at his owners house. I found it hilarious.

Carlos' highlight was going to a new go kart track. It was very fun, The people kept waving at us so I just waved back. It took me some time to realize they were telling me and carlos to stop going too fast and crashing into David and Raina. As if they didn't know running people off the road was half the fun.

We have cows and deer across the street in the US, in Mexico we had Horses.

Those are just some of the pictures from our trip. Some other things happened. Nothing big, Just me locking our keys in the trunk. Yeah, only I could do that the day before we leave.


We made it home safe. Finally. Home. I missed my bed, my English TV, My computer with internet-oh how I missed that, my safe water, my House and time alone with my boys. I was really shown how fortunate I am. When were down there, it was nice. But it's soo good to be home, with my lovely church family, who up lifts me and loves me. I realized that you all are so awesome. I know this because you all get to see the "real Me", I feel safe with you, You'll are a true blessing. Hope all you readers had a Happy Holiday!!